Top Tips To Getting Starting With a Business Simulation
Are you looking to get started using a business simulation? Great! Here are some of our top 5 tips to getting started:
Top 5 Tips To Using A Business Simulation
1. Start Small! Don't try to do too much too fast. A tightly focused and highly content aligned simulation is the way to go! You might be tempted to do too much too fast. Try to take a step back and make sure you are staying core to the top 3 reasons you're using a business simulation. Or better yet, the top 3 metrics you'd like to measure success against.
2. Go Paper? This might seem strange, but are you sure you really want to go with a computerized business simulation or software business simulation? I'm sure you already know how hard it is to manage technology, now try to imagine creating a business simulation on top of that and then having it all work. Yikes! In many cases, a good solid paper based simulation might go far. It will also potentially save you money as well.
3. Get Aligned. What does this mean? It means to ensure the reasons you think you need a business simulation align with the solution you are looking at. This might seem like common sense, but we can't tell you how often we've seen people far from where they thought they'd be just due to the confusion of getting started using these action learning tools.
4. Get Buy-In. You're going to find that there might be some resistance (or curiosities) about using a business simulation. It is a good idea to get people involved. Getting people involved does add complication up front, but it will make the process easier down the road.
5. Create a budget. Yes, this seems obvious, but it is important. This will automatically create focus for you when getting started using business training simulations.
We hope this helps. Happy New Year!