5 Tips: Do I Need a Simulation or Serious Game?
Hello SimDevGroup Community-
We decided to take a step back, take a breath, and help you ask a simple question, "Do I really even need a business simulation or serious game within my corporate training and development program?" - This is actually a great question! We have 5 tips to help you decide if a business simulation or serious game is really needed.
5 Tips To Assessing Usefulness of a Business Simulations or Serious Game
1. Do you have clearly defined outcomes from your training program- If you don't have learning objectives, a simulation or game will not help very much.
2. Are there budget or resource constraints within your training program- You need to ensure you have all the necessary skills and resources to ensure you can handle a sim/game development project. Just check ahead of time.
3. Do you have organization buy-in- Its important that the correct people within your organization are bought into the idea of a business simulation or serious game BEFORE you start development. This will help greatly!
4. First, invest in the content and the people, then invest in the simulation or serious game- This is important! We firmly believe that investing in your developers or trainers should be job number 1! This will help preserve sustainability and great training.
5. Look back at how the idea of a simulation or game came about- Sometimes, it helps to see where the idea of business simulation and/or serious game came from. If it was brought up on a whim, you might want to ensure its a good idea in the first place.
There are many other things to look at, but this is a good start. Taking on a business simulation and/or serious game can be a daunting task. Make sure it's useful before you take the plunge.
hope this helps!